Gourmet New Year's Eve Experience in Bologna
Celebrate New Year's Eve at a Romantic Restaurant on Top of the Hills
Friday, December 27 – Get settled and welcome dinner, an intro to traditional regional Italian cuisine
Meet at Bologna airport or train station. Private transfer to your hotel, ideally situated in the heart of Bologna.
Welcome dinner at a typical restaurant in Bologna, serving traditional food of the region.
Saturday, December 28 – Walking tour of Bologna center, wine aperitif and dinner at Michelin star restaurant
In the late morning your English speaking hosts can also provide a pleasant walk through historic Bologna, pointing out their favorite places in this lovely, medieval town. Aperitif and wine tasting and light lunch at a beautiful Enoteca in Bologna center.
In the evening drive to Imola for gala dinner at San Domenico Restaurant, opened in 1970, one of the most celebrated restaurants not only in Italy but in the world. For several years it has gained 2 Michelin stars. The chef, Valentino Marcattilii, is famous worldwide and is considered one of the best chefs in the world. The restaurant owns cellars with 25,000 bottles, including bottles from Napoleon’s time.
Sunday, December 29 – Food shopping at the Bologna market and cooking class in in family preparing Christmas local specialties
In the morning visit and walk in the central market area, a couple of ancient narrow streets lined with colorful, irresistible Italian food shops, stands and delis, stunning to behold and delicious to taste. Here we will buy the ingredients for our afternoon cooking lesson. Leisure time for shopping or just strolling in the charming medieval town.
Lunch on your own. There are many fantastic cafes in the Bologna market area to choose from.
In the afternoon hands-on cooking class at a private home with an Italian family cook, expert on hand-made pasta making. You will learn to make egg pasta from scratch rolled out with the rolling pin and other traditional Christmas dishes of the region and receive a recipe book to take home. Our dinner will follow and consist of the fruits of your own afternoon labors.
Monday, December 30 – Parmigiano reggiano --Parmesan cheese--, traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena and gourmet lunch
Early morning departure to visit a family-cooperative where you will watch all the stages in the production of parmigiano reggiano --parmesan cheese--, learn all about parmigiano and finish this excursion with a cheese tasting.
Transfer to Modena to visit another family-owned representative business, producer of traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena. The owner will explain where and how balsamico is made; we will have a tasting of the product at various ages and learn how and when to use these.
Drive to a traditional restaurant in Modena area for a gourmet lunch.
Back to Bologna. Afternoon and dinner free.
Tuesday, December 31 – Special farewell New Year's Eve dinner
Morning and lunch free. In this day you can walk in Bologna center, characterized in this period by Christmas illuminations. It is very nice walking, shopping and living this atmosphere.
In the late afternoon drive to Monte del Re for your unforgettable New Year's eve farewell dinner, Italian style, followed by music and dancing. This restaurant is an old building established in the 13th century and was born as a monastery. It has kept its charm through the ages and, still now, it is a unique place, surrounded by a magical atmosphere, that leads to harmony and peace of mind.
Back to your hotel in Bologna.
Wednesday, January 1 – Departure day
Departure to Bologna airport or train station after breakfast at the hotel.
27 December 2013- 01 January 2014
Price per person
Euros 2070 - Single Supplement Euros 220
• 5 nights in lovely four star hotel, breakfast included
• 1 Italian cooking lesson with English assistance
• 1 dinner after the cooking lesson with selected regional wines included
• 3 meals with selected regional wines, mineral water and coffee
• 1 gala dinner at San Domenico 2 Michelin star with selected regional wines, mineral water and coffee
• 1 special New Year Eve' dinner (Cenone di Capodanno) with selected regional wines, mineral water and coffee and Italian Spumante for the midnight "cin-cin"
• Walking tour of Bologna center, in English
• Aperitif and Wine tasting at Enoteca
• Bologna guided food market visit in English
• Visit to Parmigiano Reggiano --Parmesan cheese-- factory and tasting
• Visit to Balsamic Vinegar of Modena producer and tasting
• Our recipe book in English
• Traditional Italian hand printed apron
• Private transfers and assistance on arrival and at departure (from and to Bologna train station or airport)
• Private car (or minivan) with driver for all the excursions listed in the program
• Local tour director English speaking throughout (Marcello or Raffaella)
• Flight ticket;
• Personal expenses;
• Everything not written in the program
• Cancellation insurance
• Local taxes (city taxes)
Interested in more information about this tour?